Value Investing Workshop: June 2022 Batch
I recently opened admission to the May 2022 cohort of my online Value Investing Workshop. Seats got sold off within a few hours. And so, I have opened admission for the June 2022 cohort, and accepting only 50 students, out of which 20 seats remain. If you are interested to join, click here to register now.
Welcome to the eighteenth episode of The One Percent Show with Vishal Khandelwal. This show is an open-ended exploration into the minds of the wisest people around to help us learn to think, invest, and live each day a little, even if as little as one percent, better.
In this episode, I talk to Kuntal Shah, Partner at Oaklane Capital, Co-Founder at Needl.ai, and a Board member at Flame University. An Electronics Engineer by qualification, Kuntalbhai is a first-generation entrepreneur, a business leader, and a prominent value investor with three decades of experience spanning various aspects of the capital market.
I look up to him as a fountain of knowledge and wisdom, especially when it comes to investing, business analysis, and the economy. I have had the opportunity to learn from him and his experiences for the past few years, through his various talks and presentations, and I must thank him for all his wisdom he has shared over the years.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of understanding stock market cycles, lessons from financial history, twelve equations of life, and much more.
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Deep Work by Carl Newport
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
- It's Your Ship by D. Michael Abrashoff
- The Carolina Way by Dean Smith
- All I Want To Know Is Where I'm Going To Die So I'll Never Go There by Peter Bevelin
- A Few Lessons for Investors and Managers by Peter Bevelin
- Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger by Peter Bevelin
- Accounting for Value by Stephen Penman
- Devil Take the Hindmost: A History of Financial Speculation by Edward Chancellor
- Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowd by Charles Mackay
- Stabilizing an Unstable Economy by Hyman P. Minsky
- The (Mis)behavior of Markets by Benoit Mandelbrot
- A Short History of Financial Euphoria by John Kenneth Galbraith
- Manias, Panics and Crashes by Charles P. Kindleberger
- The Investment Checklist: The Art of In-Depth Research by Michael Shearn
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler
* * *
If you liked this podcast, please share with others on WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, or just email them the link to this post.
Leave a Reply