Welcome to The One Percent Show with Vishal Khandelwal. This show is an open-ended exploration into the minds of the wisest people around to help us learn to think, invest, and live each day a little, as little as one percent, better.
Ep. 8 – Harsh Mariwala on Risk-Taking, Dealing with Failures, and Building a Sound Corporate Culture
Ep. 7 – Saurabh Mukherjea on Compounding, Wealth Creation, and Seizing the India Opportunity
- Rahul Dravid: Timeless Steel by The Walt Disney Company
- King of the World by David Remnick
- The Gifts of Athena: Historical Origins of the Knowledge Economy by Joel Mokyr
Ep. 6: Sanjay Bakshi on Teaching, Spirituality, and Dealing with Uncertainties in Life and Investing
- Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Jason Fung
- The Complete Guide to Fasting by Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore
- Mindful Eating by Jan Chozen Bays
- The Art of Living (Epictetus) by Sharon Lebell
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Who Am I?" according to Mandukya Upanishad-Part 1
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Who Am I?" according to Mandukya Upanishad-Part 2
- The Mind of a Yogi | Swami Sarvapriyananda
- Mandukya Upanishad with Gaudapada's Karika by Swami Chinmayananda
- The Ancient Sage - Twitter
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Secret of Concentration"
- On the Shortness of Life by Seneca
- Stop Wasting Your Life! On the Shortness of Life by Seneca – Stoic Philosophy
- Warren Buffett and the “avoid at all cost list”
- Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- The Longevity Solution by Dr. James DiNicolantonio and Dr. Jason Fung
- Biofeedback and Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Inna Khazan
Ep. 5: Morgan Housel on Seeking Simplicity in a Complex World
Ep. 4: Mohnish Pabrai on Reinventing Yourself
Ep. 3: Radhika Gupta on Living a Brave Life
Ep. 2: Vinod Sethi on Listening to Your Inner Voice
- I recommend watching this video at 1.25x speed
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel to receive updates on all shows
Ep. 1: Manish Chokhani on the Business of Life
The Story Behind “One Percent”
Benjamin Franklin said, “Little strokes fell great oaks.” Warren Buffett advised, “Life is like a snowball. The important thing is finding wet snow and a really long hill.” The Japanese have talked for centuries about Kaizen, which means ‘small continuous improvements.’ And you must have seen this equation – 1.01365 = 37.8.
What this equation and the accompanying advice really means is that instead of trying to make radical changes in a short amount of time, if you can just make small improvements – just 1% better – every day, that will gradually lead to the change you want in your life.
Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you are trying to improve. That’s it. Just 1%.
What does 1% a day mean? Nothing, really. It just means get a little better each day – as simple as reading one page of a book per day, or watching one TED talk per day, or exercising for only five minutes per day. It is hard to quantify. But the important thing to know is this – One percent better each day, compounded, is almost 3800% better each year. Big change, with just one percent.
James Clear wrote in his book, Atomic Habits –
I like to refer to habits as the compound interest of self-improvement, and the reason why I like that phrase is that, the same way that money multiplies through compound interest, the effects of your habits multiply as you repeat them over time…[I]f you can get just one percent better each day, so .01365, you end up 37 times better by the time you get to the end of the year.
That is the idea behind The One Percent Show. To take you on an open-ended exploration into the minds of the wisest people around whose insights and wisdom can help you learn to think, invest, decide, and live each day a little, as little as one percent, better.
Thank you for being a part of this initiative. I look forward to walking with you on this journey of self-improvement, step by step, one percent by one percent.
Please share this initiative with others on WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, or just email them the link to this page.
If you wish to receive updates on new episodes and all my posts straight into your email, subscribe below to my free newsletter – The One Percent Letter – that offers practical, time-tested ideas on learning, thinking, decision-making, and the pursuit of a simple, happy life.