Welcome to the sixth episode of The One Percent Show with Vishal Khandelwal. This show is an open-ended exploration into the minds of the wisest people around to help us learn to think, invest, and live each day a little, even if as little as one percent, better.
In this episode, I talk to Prof. Sanjay Bakshi, Managing Partner at ValueQuest Capital and one of India’s best-recognized finance professors. Among other things, we talk about the idea of being a teacher, spirituality, and dealing with uncertainties in life and investing.
Books and Resources Recommended by Prof. Bakshi
- Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Jason Fung
- The Complete Guide to Fasting by Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore
- Mindful Eating by Jan Chozen Bays
- The Art of Living (Epictetus) by Sharon Lebell
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Who Am I?" according to Mandukya Upanishad-Part 1
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Who Am I?" according to Mandukya Upanishad-Part 2
- The Mind of a Yogi | Swami Sarvapriyananda
- Mandukya Upanishad with Gaudapada's Karika by Swami Chinmayananda
- The Ancient Sage - Twitter
- Swami Sarvapriyananda on "Secret of Concentration"
- On the Shortness of Life by Seneca
- Stop Wasting Your Life! On the Shortness of Life by Seneca – Stoic Philosophy
- Warren Buffett and the “avoid at all cost list”
- Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- The Longevity Solution by Dr. James DiNicolantonio and Dr. Jason Fung
- Biofeedback and Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Inna Khazan
- Burning Bridges vs. Preserving Optionality
- Multidisciplinary Education at Flame
- The Power of Old Ideas (Lindy Effect) - Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3
* * *
Please share with others on WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, or just email them the link to this post.
Yash shah says
Vishal how can you enable this video to be broken into smaller parts for first sending it to people and inviting their attention. Just like you do it on Twitter before posting the entire interview. But different people may be attracted to different ideologies and hence it would be great if you enable this video to be broken into different parts by everyone who wants to share.
Mohan Konde says
You are doing a wonderful job of showing how renowned investors are living their life other than money.
Compliments to you.
very very thoughtful and informative interview not only from investing point but also from whole life experience ,thank you
Vishal you are doing great job. Transcript posted earlier were of great help for old school folks like me. Missing them from past 2 show. It will be helpful if you can enable the same